CHILD BIRTH PREP
This class includes instruction on:
* Stages of labor: You will learn how to identify the signs of labor, how it works, what happens to your body as your baby makes his or her way into the world.Including, when to call and when to go in.
* Role of the labor partner or coach, as well as how to support you during labor.
* Relaxation and pushing techniques including, coping strategies from massage to positioning and breathing.
* Specific types of births such as cesarean( C-Section) and vaginal birth after a cesarean(VBAC), the induction process, forceps and vacuum deliveries including postpartum expectations.
* Options for handling pain, and the pros and cons of common medications, such as narcotic analgesics and epidural blocks.
* Lamaze breathing techniques. The goal of Lamaze is to help you understand how to cope with pain in ways that both facilitate labor and promote comfort, including focused breathing, movement and massage.
* Baby care basics which covers characteristics of a newborn, dressing, undressing,bathing,diapering,swaddling,circumcision care and umbilical care, sleep and immunization as well as choosing a Pediatrician.
* Breast feeding techniques, facts and myths, proper latch and positioning. How much to feed, how often, how to be sure that the baby is getting enough milk. Common issues with nursing and ways to prevent them. Pumping and nutrition while breast feeding, and what to expect the first few weeks, as well as ways to support a breast feeding mom. Learning how to breast feed and how it works before the baby is born is extremely helpful and can prevent difficulties in early weeks.
In addition a birth film will be shown
© 2014 Proudly created By ELECTFIX